Monday, September 17, 2012

Today

It is 9:06.  Allen and Charlie have logged reading points and discussed friction and heat after watching some workers outside construct a metal building .  Allen has dictated a book review (typed by me).  Ben has practiced washing a shirt by hand and learned how to treat an oil stain on his shirt.  Now he is off to read his Bible, start his Biology Study Guide, and practice some guitar.  Allen and Charlie are making a fort in the large tree branch that daddy cut down this weekend.

I am thinking of using this day as an experiment.  I want to stay relaxed.  I want to love on my children.  I want to enjoy the day the Lord has given me.  Watching my children as they move through their day will be my main objective in deciding what comes next for them in their learning today.  I will be keeping my goals in mind: daily Bible reading (summary and discussion included), read aloud Little Men (discuss vocabulary and narrate), Guinea Pig study (read together from My Guinea Pig and observe the animal), practice math facts (computer maybe).  I also would like to discuss their character goal and how to keep developing it.  I haven't talked with them about this since last month.  I think this needs to be placed on higher priority than math or science.

So, here I go to soak up the day and my family!

No comments: