Friday, June 8, 2012





http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

  • In my life this week…I have been blessed with the return of my precious children.  They were gone for 10 days from home. 
  • In our homeschool this week…we read each morning from Matthew, Romans, and Isaiah.  We shared together out loud what we read about and what stood out to us after writing in our spirals.  We also started a daily math review and began listening to "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn" on audiobook.
  • I am inspired by…my children's determination to do what they set their minds to do.  Two of them are trying to save money to buy an Ipod Touch.  Pulling weeds at .10 per minute and finding things to sell have consumed a good amount of their time this week.
  • Places we’re going and people we’re seeing…most of our family next week.  We will head to OKC to spend a bit of time with my brother and his family before he moves to Seattle.  Then the boys will head over to Foss Lake for a campout with the rest of the Rader men. 
  • My favorite thing this week was…discussing God's word with my children each morning. 
  • What’s working/not working for us…letting our hurt feelings hurt others (talking about my family of five here, especially myself).  When we get hurt we try to make others hurt as well until they apologize or change their ways.  We end up pointing out all the bad in them thinking we might change them.  It never makes things better to dwell on our hurt feelings or make the other person feel bad too.   Although it can help to apologize and talk things out.    It also feels better to know we are doing the right thing (loving others) even when we have been hurt.  I can't make someone else change but I can love them anyway or choose to stay mad/ hurt until they change (which may be never).
  • Things I’m working on…knitted wash cloths.  Grandma has requested some new ones and I am happy to work on them.  It is very relaxing for me to knit.
  • I’m reading…The book of Isaiah, The Knitting Sutra, and The Reading Promise
  • I’m cooking…as little as possible since I have been sick with a cold for 9 days.  Thanks to my hubby for the cooking and cleaning he has done!
  • I’m grateful for…the blessing of God's peace in following his ways.
  • I’m praying for…reconciliation of family members: that hurt feelings will not allow them to show their love for each other and that forgiveness and mercy will flow much stronger than disappointment.

No comments: